Centrally located in the heart of uptown Charlotte, the Hampton Inn Charlotte Uptown is within walking distance to major companies, entertainment venues and restaurants including Time Warner Cable Arena, Epicenter, Bank of America Stadium and the financial district. Our Uptown Charlotte hotel is across the street from the NASCAR Hall of Fame and one block from the Charlotte Convention Center.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Sales Coordinator. Our Team is committed to increasing market share and delivering value to our guests.
We request a minimum of two years of outside hospitality sales experience with a strong emphasis on customer relations and computer skills.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Greet all customers who approach the Front Desk in a smiling,friendly manner. Check-in arriving guests in the most efficient manner possible, following all established procedures.
- Check-out departing guests in the most efficient manner possible, following all established procedures and polices.
- Review arriving reservations for the day early in the shift, checking for special requests, VIP’s, etc., preassigning rooms as necessary.
- Pre-register groups that have requested pre-registration.
- Count cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift. Prepare shift deposit accurately, following standard procedures.
- Handle complaints efficiently and courteously. Listen carefully to the guest’s problem. If possible, take immediate personal responsibility to correct the problem. If you cannot correct the problem with available resources, notify your supervisor or the General Manager immediately.
- Answer telephone efficiently and pleasantly within three rings and with correct phrasing. Determine nature of call and transfer to proper extension.
- Be knowledgeable about scheduled groups and meetings. Take time to read function sheets and reservations in order to be completely familiar with them.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on any guest reported or observed problems.
- Other Duties as assigned
Prior hotel front desk experience at a national brand hotel preferred.
Must be able to speak, read & write English.