A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking Accounting Clerk to join our team at the Nashville Airport Hotel.
The Nashville Airport Hotel is located six miles from downtown Nashville, TN and is easily one of the best hotels in the area. Not only are we just two miles from the Nashville International Airport (BNA) but our location is minutes away from popular area restaurants, businesses, and local attractions like the famous Grand Ole Opry. Corporate travelers enjoy close proximity to the Music City Center and a vast number of downtown businesses. College students and families alike find our hotel ideal as we’re just a short drive to local universities including Vanderbilt, Belmont, and Fisk University. Guests love to visit the historic Grand Ole Opry, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Music Row, the top visited landmarks near the hotel. Ask our front desk about the Nashville Moves shuttle services for rides to and from downtown Nashville. Other area favorites include Ryman Auditorium, Nissan Stadium and Bridgestone Arena. Guest accommodations include free Wi-Fi access, 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle service, a 24-hour Business Center, and an indoor pool.
This challenging but rewarding position has overall responsibility ensuring extraordinary guest satisfaction through the cleanliness and attention to detail in our guest rooms, meeting space and common areas. We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals. Come join our team!
- Approach all encounters with guests, managers and fellow employees in a friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours; modify payroll information; record miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain adequate supplies of change and provide change to all departments as needed.
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Accounting Manager.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Process “due backs’ on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with policies.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing dunning letters, monitoring returned checks and chargebacks, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
REPORTS TO: Controller
As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
Type of Education: HS Diploma
Level of Education: Grade 12
Apprenticeship Program: none
Level of Experience: 1 year minimum
Business Mechanical Skills:
Copier Fax Machine
Physical Activities and Requirements:
Standing and Walking 100% of the time
Minimum weight employee must be able to lift: 50lbs
Care of Equipment: Frequent
Safety of Others: Frequent
Guest Contact: Frequent
Confidential Data: Occasionally
Decision Making: Frequent
Acts in Supervisory Capacity: Frequent