A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Security person to join our team at the DoubleTree Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual. Come join our team!
Position Title: Hotel Security
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Summary of Position:
To ensure the safety and security of all hotel guests, employees, and property and to provide 100% guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To procure 100% repeat guests by consistently providing CARE service, which exceeds guest expectations. Maintains a CARE relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Follow all procedures for proper patrolling and reporting of hotel and grounds.
- Patrols parking lot.
- Patrols guestroom towers, common and conference center areas.
- Insures all areas are properly secured.
- Assesses and identifies risk areas and notifies immediate supervisor (i.e.- inoperable locks/unsecured areas/suspicious activity by guest or staff)
- Follows all lost and found procedures and ensure all hotel associates are doing the same through continuous training and follow up to all inquires of this nature.
- Ensure the safety of all guests and employee through safety checks.
- Perform checks on fire extinguishers during rounds notifies supervisor of non-compliance.
- Perform checks on safety operation of equipment and machinery.
- Is always aware of safety hazards, correcting them immediately.
- Maintain and review the proper Key Control policies for the hotel.
- Evaluate and assist in responding to all hotel emergencies. This requires a complete understanding of all emergency systems, including alarm systems and the fire control panel.
- Respond to all guest and employee incidents/accidents with appropriate emergency action.
- Investigate and report all such incidents in a timely manner with the proper documentation.
- Always have the knowledge and understanding of the functions of all alarm doors, elevator-reset keys, wet systems and fire panel system procedures.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of hotel safety and security procedures as required, to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters which require corrective action.
- Communicates closely with the Night Manager, Front Office Manager, and Chief Engineer on all relative information concerning the safety and security of the hotel. (reports deficiencies to supervisor for follow up)
- Conduct and/or attend meetings as required. (Monthly Department Meetings/Hotel Functions/etc.)
- Prepare reports as requested to develop an informative database of knowledge and information about the hotel from which effective decision making and critical evaluations of work assignments may be made.
- Perform all accountabilities in a professional, timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image to achieve objectives, public recognition, and acceptance as the preferred hotel company.
- Perform all other duties as required to insure the smooth operation of the hotel.
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Check the information board, daily event sheet, be up to date and informed about daily operations.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the products, including room features, amenities, services of hotel, hotel facilities, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about etiquette and protocols.
- Be familiar with all emergency plans and be able to act upon them. Demonstrates a working knowledge of hotel safety and security procedures as required, to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance which require corrective action.
- At all times strive to represent DoubleTree in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking; Repetitive walking , standing, stooping, bending, pushing, climbing stairs, and reaching
- Ability to visually check work, work area, and hotel space.
- Ability to lift (minimum of 75lbs), push, pull, carry, reach, stretch, walk, climb ladders in order to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to access employee, guests in all areas of the hotel to complete job functions and to provide emergency assistance in case of fire or other emergency situations
- Engineer is undeterred by heights, including roof tops. Engineer must be able to effectively and quickly provide work directions and emergency directions to staff and guests.
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
- Knowledge of English and local language.
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a professional manner.
- Be well groomed and conform to the hotel’s dress code
Maintain safety by adhering to safety policies, being responsible to report all accidents immediately. Support all safety programs. Proceed with caution when walking on slippery floors. Ensure proper safety instructions are given before operating any equipment.