HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as the Food and Beverage Manager of our Cambria Suites Hotel & Suites at the Raleigh/Durham airport. We offer an uncomplicated hotel experience, with the promise of the highest level of customer service. This newly renovated hotel provides the things that matter--spacious one and two-bedroom suites, with separate living, work and sleep areas. Conveniently located in Morrisville, NC we are directly in the center of the greater Raleigh/Durham area.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to become our Food and Beverage Manager. Come join our team!
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with cooks for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and service.
- Order merchandise to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Direct, coordinate, and participate in preparation of, and cooking, wrapping or packing types of food served or prepared by establishment.
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in keeping business records, collecting and paying accounts, ordering or purchasing supplies, and delivery of food to wholesale or catering customers.
- Responsible for all banquet set-up and service.
- Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
- Ensure compliance of employees with established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Answer customer's complaints or inquiries.
- May lock and secure restaurant.
- Supervise employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for accounting, or perform work of subordinates, as needed.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties.
- May contact prospective wholesale customers to promote sale of prepared foods (catering).
- Direct hiring, training, and scheduling of restaurant personnel.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- May establish delivery routes and schedules for supplying wholesale/catering customers.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Review financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Complies with State laws for serving Alcoholic Beverages
REPORTS TO: General Manager
As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all
safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing
your required duties.
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Type of Education: High School
- Level of Education: Grade 12
- Apprenticeship Program: None
- Level of Experience: 2 years min supervisory experience in a restaurant
- Speak English
- Read English
- Write English
Business Mechanical Skills
EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE COMPLETED APPLICABLE ABC CERTIFICATION and HEALTH
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Normal Work Position
- Standing and walking 100% of the time
- Lifting Bending
- Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
- Dirty at times
- Work alone and with others
- Hazardous materials may be present
- Care of Equipment: FREQUENT
- Safety of Others: FREQUENT
- Guest Contact: FREQUENT
- Confidential Data: OCCASIONALLY
- Decision Making: FREQUENT
- Acts in Supervisory Capacity: FREQUENT
- Sight: partial
- Hearing: full