A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Senior Sales Manager to join our team at the DoubleTree Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Handle all aspects of Sales for a specific, assigned market and explore new sources of business by developing new contacts
- Actively develop and maintain customer base in all assigned markets.
- Meet or exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through new account development and maintenance.
- Meet or exceed budgeted REVPAR (Revenue Per Available Room) goal.
- Attend sales stand ups, sales meetings, office events, hotel-sponsored functions, industry functions.
- Coordinate and financially manage sales trips, and conventions within the given territory, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market.
- Maintain active membership in industry related organizations and associations pertaining to the specific market.
- Prepare and demonstrate a fluency with the Hotel's group contract and processes plus be conversant in the legalities of the group marketplace to be able to effectively negotiate terms to minimize the hotel's risk and maximize profitability.
- Conduct on-site inspections for the existing or prospective travel influencers, decision makers and end users.
- Mentor and provide best practices for the Team
- Develop monthly sales strategy and action plans (Room Nights/sales activities), and develop rapport with relevant National Sales Office(s), key partners in travel and tourism related industries/travel bureau
- Keep accurate records of potential customers & follow through on all potential business in Delphi FDC
- Quote and negotiate prices within established parameters
- Upon closing, coordinate and follow up with convention services, catering and/or other hotel departments to ensure delivery of hotel's promised services
- Utilize Delphi FDC for sales & catering to track, solicit, book and follow up accounts
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to assess and implement strategy and long term goals
- Know which market segments produce effective business for the hotel, sources of business for each and understand how to balance them to maximize revenues.
- Identify major revenue opportunities and work to secure business from them.
- Assist as directed, in the planning and strategies of the Group Sales effort, with development of competitive intelligence and in the preparation of the Marketing plan, especially as it relates to assigned segment
- Handle special projects as assigned in a timely manner
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by Department Head
- Minimum of 3+ years direct hotel sales management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Computer proficiency is required; must possess experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word. Must be familiar with booking software and travel industry software.
- Familiarity and a degree of proficiency in Delphi FDC
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated superior negotiation skills are required; must be able to persuade and influence key decision makers in the marketplace.
- Ability to travel if necessary
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
Education Skills: Type of Education: High School Level of Education: Grade 12
Job Experience: Level of Experience: 2 years previous hotel or sales experience
Communication Skills: Speak English, Read English, Write English, Public Speaking/Sales Presentation
Business Mechanical Skills: Calculator, Type 40 wpm, Computer literate, PBX proficient
License/Certification: automobile insurance certificate meeting current required minimums
Physical Activities and Requirements:
-Normal Work Position: Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, bending
-Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 10 pounds
-Working Conditions: Hot, cold, work alone and with others
Care of Equipment: FREQUENT
Safety of Others: FREQUENT
Guest Contact: FREQUENT
Confidential Data: FREQUENT
Decision Making: FREQUENT
Acts in Supervisory Capacity: FREQUENT