A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Banquet Manager to join our team at DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as a Banquet Manager for the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Banquet Manager.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel’s banquet operation
- Supervise all banquet personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the banquet operation.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) wage progress, payroll, revenue, employee schedules, quarterly action plans.
- Monitor quality of service in banquet operations.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Service standards.
- Understand and be able to prepare payroll and tip distribution.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate departments.
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
- Review menu/service with catering managers and banquet chef.
- Maintain up to date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors.
- Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests.
- Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure that all checks are presented to guests for signature.
- Bring to the attention of the F&B Director all materials and equipment that require ordering or need to be replaced.
- Requisition liquor, etc. for banquet bars.
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service areas.
- Oversee banquet setup assignments.
- Ensure inspection of all banquet areas for cleanliness and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Conduct menu classes and line-ups for all functions.
- Supervise the work of banquet management and captains, and observe the performance of hourly service personnel.
- Assist the F&B Director on special promotions or changes.
- Control and maintain all service equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the F&B Director.
REPORTS TO: Director of Food and Beverage, General Manager
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
Educational Skills: Type of Education - High School Level of Education: Grade 12
Job Experience: Level of Experience: 1 year min
Apprenticeship Program: None
Communication Skills: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Business Mechanical Skills: Calculator
License/Certification: EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE COMPLETED APPLICABLE HEALTH DEPARTMENT CERTIFICATION
Physical Activities and Requirements: Normal Work Position - Standing and walking 100% of the time, lifting, bending
Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
Working Conditions: Hot, Cold, Dirty at times, Hazardous materials may be present, work alone and with others
Care of Equipment: FREQUENT
Safety of Others: FREQUENT
Guest Contact: FREQUENT
Confidential Data: OCCASIONALLY
Decision Making: FREQUENT
Acts in Supervisory Capacity: FREQUENT