A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Public Space Attendant to join our team at the DoubleTree Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
This challenging but rewarding position has overall responsibility ensuring extraordinary guest satisfaction through the cleanliness and attention to detail in our guest rooms, meeting space and common areas. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual. Come join our team!
- To procure 100% repeat guests by consistently providing CARE service, which exceeds guest expectations. Maintains a CARE relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Adhere to scheduled work hours. Is punctual in reporting and gives ample notice to supervisor or manager if he/she cannot meet scheduled requirements.
- Cleans lobby areas, public and employee restrooms, elevators, offices, fitness center, pool area, conference center and all other public areas to establish quality standards.
- Assist in housekeeping and laundry. Third shift - cleans restaurant, bar and lounge in compliance with DoubleTree standards.
- Answers all calls and performs the deliveries within the 15 minute time limit.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of hotel safety and security procedures as required in order to maintain a secure and safe environment for employees and guests.
- Conduct and/or attend meetings as required.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance which require corrective action.
- Prepare reports as requested (public space checklist), to develop an informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Follow all departmental rules and procedures in doing your job.
- Maintain assigned equipment. Empty vacuum bags, check belts, etc. Report any problems with your equipment to your supervisor or maintenance immediately.
- Perform all other duties as requested or required to ensure the smooth operation of the entire hotel.
REPORTS TO: Executive Housekeeper
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Speak some English
- Read some English
- Write some English
Business Mechanical Skills: none
Physical Activities and Requirements:
- Normal Work Position
- Standing and walking 100% of the time
- Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
- Working Conditions:
- Dirty at times
- Work Alone and with Others
- Hazardous materials may be present
- Care of Equipment: Frequent
- Safety of Others: Occasional
- Guest Contact: Frequent
- Confidential Data: Occasional
- Decision Making: Occasional
- Acts in Supervisory Capacity: Never