A great opportunity to join the HP Hotel Management family! HP Hotel Management is an award winning, national hotel development and management company.
Business mixes perfectly with pleasure at our Metairie hotel. Our convenient location between the New Orleans Airport and downtown New Orleans puts guests in the middle of the best things to do in New Orleans.
We provide an upscale design, comfortable accommodations and Cajun-American inspired dining. With our close proximity to the convention center, Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel is the ideal New Orleans meeting hotel.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company for the Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel as Room Attendant. Our Team is committed to increasing market share and delivering value to our guests.
- Change all used linen daily.
- Vacuum carpets daily.
- Clean bathrooms thoroughly.
- Dust all furniture and fixtures including headboards, mirrors, picture frames, credenzas, televisions, tables, etc.
- Have complete understanding of the proper layout of the furniture and amenities in each room type. Ensure that furnishings and correct amenities are in their proper places after the room is cleaned.
- Be accountable for the guest’s belongings left in the room. Any found items must be turned in immediately to the Director of Housekeeping or Person in Charge.
- Be aware of any suspicious activities or persons. Report such activity immediately to your supervisor or the General Manager.
- Place keys left behind by guests in the key box on cart.
- Watch for message lights left on in Check-out rooms. Report to Front Desk.
- When working inside a guest room, pull your cart in front of the door to the room, making sure that it is not blocking the hallway. If someone tries to enter the room while you are working, ask to see their key. Report any problems to your supervisor or the General Manager.
- Follow all departmental rules and procedures in doing your job.
- Maintain assigned equipment. Empty vacuum bags, check belts, etc. Report any problems with your equipment to your supervisor or maintenance immediately.
- Be aware of and follow all safety rules and use caution in doing the job.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Inspect others for cleanliness and turn rooms when needed
- Must have some leadership abilities and initiative.
- Required to work at least every other weekend
REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Educational Skills: none
- Job Experience: none
- Communication Skills:
- Speak some English
- Read some English
- Write some English
- Business Mechanical Skills: none
- License/Certification: none
- Physical Activities and Requirements
- Normal Work Position
- Standing and walking 100% of the time
- Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
- Working Conditions:
- Dirty at times
- Work Alone and with Others
- Hazardous materials may be present