A great opportunity to join the HP Hotel Management family! HP Hotel Management is an award winning, national hotel development and management company.
Business mixes perfectly with pleasure at our Metairie hotel. Our convenient location between the New Orleans Airport and downtown New Orleans puts guests in the middle of the best things to do in New Orleans.
We provide an upscale design, comfortable accommodations and Cajun-American inspired dining. With our close proximity to the convention center, Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel is the ideal New Orleans meeting hotel.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company for the Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel as a Front Desk Agent. Our Team is committed to increasing market share and delivering value to our guests.
• Escorts hotel guests to rooms.
• Assists with luggage to and from guestrooms.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform, and nametag when working.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with service standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Comply at all times with service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Employees must at all rimes be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
• Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner. Offers information pertaining to available services and facilities of hotel, points of interest and entertainment attractions.
• Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
• Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communication with other employees.
• Explains features of guestrooms to guests.
• Delivers messages and runs errands.
• Picks up and delivers articles for laundry and valet Services.
• Calls taxi’s for guests.
• Delivers items such as packages, faxes, luggage to guestrooms.
• Provide travel directions and information on property events and promotions.
• Provide accurate and timely documentation and reports of department activities and status including claim checks, vehicle damage, statements, and conditions with require attention and or repair. Obeys all traffic laws on and off property.
• Promote the courteous treatment of customers and resolving guest service issues.
• Provide general supervision to valet attendants in order to ensure efficient valet operations.
• Deliver internal and external guest service by ensuring every interaction.
• Provide especially timely & knowledgeable service; and then some! Always find solutions to guests’ problems.
• Assist with staffing, scheduling, evaluating, training, developing and monitoring of valet staff.
• Recommend wage increases, promotions, demotions, discipline and other employment actions for valet stuff.
• Greet arriving and departing guests. Opens passenger door(s) and offers assistance, if appropriate.
• Complete scheduled shuttle runs as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Speak English, Read English & Write English
• Valid Drivers License and Good Driving Record
• Be able to pass background check and drug screen