A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Executive Housekeeper to join our team at the DoubleTree Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
This challenging but rewarding position has overall responsibility ensuring extraordinary guest satisfaction through the cleanliness and attention to detail in our guest rooms, meeting space and common areas. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual. Come join our team!
Manage housekeeping and laundry operations to ensure quality standards are met while delivering a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans.
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels managing cost per room for supplies and labor.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Assist with deep-cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high-volume periods.
- Manage the quality of housekeeping and laundry services.
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, rooms, equipment, linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Carry out the special needs and requests of guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents).
- May be responsible for the security of lost and found items throughout the hotel. Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
- Have a true Spirit of Hospitality in guest service and desire to do provide exceptional care to guests.
- Other duties as required.
- Speak English, Read English & Write English.
- High school diploma
- Be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Solid history of reliable attendance.
- Reliable transportation with the ability to work mostly day time hours, with the expectation weekends will be required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory housekeeping experience in a full-service hotel
- Hilton experience preferred.