A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Breakfast Cook at our Hilton Garden Inn located in Rock Hill. Our Team is committed to increasing market share and delivering value to our guests.
4 or 5 shifts per week
Average Shift is 5 am is to noon
As a cook you are responsible but not limited to:
- Ensure all guests receive 100% customer service.
- Picks up trays (weighing up to 20 lbs.) and sets buffet, ensuring the accuracy of the set up and the compliance of the product with our standards.
- Sets up, stocks and organizes work station at the beginning of the day.
- Thaws, cuts and prepares food items, including cooking eggs to order. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, kitchen scissors or other kitchen equipment including, without limitations, slicer/mixer, skillets, steamers, and other tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO Method.
- Prepares broiled, baked, grilled, steamed, sautéed, blended, and fried items using recipes. Uses sauté pans, stock pots, grill, stove, ovens and fryers.
- Performs all duties in all areas of the kitchen.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food.
- Knows cooking times for all items to insure correct doneness.
- Organizes items for sautéing, blending, cooking in ovens, grilling, frying in fryers, pasta cookers and steamers to insure accuracy of items ordered.
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate.
- Cleans and sanitizes work station during the day and at the end of the day.
- Performs side duties including cleaning ovens, steamer, tilt skillets, slicers, mixer, hoods, filters and other line equipment, washing floors, organizing and cleaning storerooms, and food production duties.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
Type of education: High School
Level of education: Grade 12
Job Experience: 1 year cooking breakfast
Speak some English
Read some English
Write some English
Business Mechanical Skills: none
License/Certification: ServSAFE required or ability to obtain certification
Physical Activities and Requirements:
Normal Work Position
Standing and walking 100% of the time
Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
Dirty at times
Work Alone and with Others
Care of Equipment: Frequent
Safety of Others: Frequent
Guest Contact: Frequent
Decision Making: Occasional