A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Line Cook to join our team at the DoubleTree Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as a Line Cook for the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Line Cook.
As a cook you are responsible but not limited to:
- Promoting a safe and professional workplace through adhering to the hotel policies and procedures
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- Preparing food by washing, peeling, and cutting vegetables and fruits; cleaning, cutting and preparing meats, poultry, and seafood; preparing all foods according to the recipes
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can openers, kitchen scissors or other kitchen equipment including, without limitations, slicers, mixers, skillets, steamers, and other tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in cooler for sufficient stock.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils, removing garbage, and follow sanitation standards and procedures
- Keeping supplies and foods ready by inventorying stock, verifying receipts and storage.
- Must be flexible with hours
- Willingness to work during all weekends, and some holidays.
- Have great customer service skills.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
- Be aware of any suspicious activities or persons. Report such activity immediately to your supervisor or the General Manager.
- Follow all departmental rules and procedures in doing your job.
- Maintain assigned equipment. Report any problems with your equipment to your supervisor or maintenance immediately.
- Be aware of and follow all safety rules and use caution in doing the job.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE CHEF
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Educational Skills: none
- Job Experience: 2 years
- Communication Skills:
- Speak some English
- Read some English
- Write some English
- Business Mechanical Skills: none
- License/Certification: Food Handling Certificate or ServSAFE required
- Physical Activities and Requirements
- Normal Work Position
- Standing and walking 100% of the time
- Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
- Working Conditions:
- Dirty at times
- Work Alone and with Others
- Care of Equipment: Frequent
- Safety of Others: Occasional
- Guest Contact: Frequent
- Confidential Data: Occasional
- Decision Making: Occasional
- Acts in Supervisory Capacity: Never