A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Food & Beverage Director to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Columbo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual. Come join our team!
The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. The Director of Food & Beverage is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with DoubleTree by Hilton standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with DoubleTree by Hilton standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Supervise all F&B personnel.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Prepare the F&B budget and monitor department performance with respect to same. Perform any necessary follow-up, including forecasting.
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable operations.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the F&B department.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Organize and conduct department meetings on a regular basis.
- Monitor quality of service and product.
- Coordinate in menu planning and preparation.
- Ensure timely purchase of F&B items, within budget allocation.
- Oversee operation of the employee break room.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure departmental compliance with SOP’s.
- Ensure the training of department heads on SOP’s, report preparation, technical job tasks.
- Attend and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Conduct and/or attend all required meetings, including pre-convention and post-convention meetings.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Speak English, Read English & Write English.
- High school diploma
- Be able to pass background check and drug screen
- Solid history of reliable attendance.
- Reliable transportation with the ability to work a variety of hours, with the expectation weekends will be required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory food and beverage experience in a full-service hotel