A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Room Inspector to join our team at the DoubleTree Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Colombo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as a Room Inspector for the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
- Conducts daily inspections of guest rooms in adherence to franchise and corporate standards. Responsible for making changes when necessary. Records all relevant information on the Housekeeping Inspection report.
- Assists in the training of all Housekeeping employees.
- Writes requisitions for room supplies and furniture renovation or replacements.
- Reports need for room redecoration to the Execute Housekeeper.
- Examines carpets, drapes and furniture for stains, damage or wear.
- Assists in completing the inventory of linens and supplies.
- Be aware of any suspicious activities or persons. Report such activity immediately to your supervisor or General Manager.
- Records inspection results and notifies cleaning personnel of inadequacies.
- Assists in cleaning rooms or public areas and performing laundry functions as business demand.
- Must wear required uniforms. Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Educational skills—none
- Job experience—some
- Communication skills—Speak, read and write English
- Business mechanical skills—none
- Physical activities and requirements—standing and walking 100% of the time, frequent lifting and bending, must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Work conditions—hot, cold, dirty at times, hazardous materials may be present, work alone or with others
- Responsibilities—frequent care of equipment, occasional safety of others, frequent guest contact, occasional confidential data, occasional decision making, and occasional supervisory capacity
- Sensory requirements—sight:partial, hearing : none