A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Guest Services Representative to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Columbo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as a Guest Services Representative for the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Guest Services Representative.
- Greet all customers who approach the Front Desk in a smiling, friendly manner. Check-in arriving guests in the most efficient manner possible, following all established procedures.
- Check-out departing guests in the most efficient manner possible, following all established procedures and polices.
- Review arriving reservations for the day early in the shift, checking for special requests, VIP’s, etc., preassigning rooms as necessary.
- Pre-register groups that have requested pre-registration.
- Count cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift. Prepare shift deposit accurately, following standard procedures.
- Handle complaints efficiently and courteously. Listen carefully to the guest’s problem. If possible, take immediate personal responsibility to correct the problem. If you cannot correct the problem with available resources, notify your supervisor or the General Manager immediately.
- Answer telephone efficiently and pleasantly within three rings and with correct phrasing. Determine nature of call and transfer to proper extension.
- Be knowledgeable about scheduled groups and meetings. Take time to read function sheets and reservations in order to be completely familiar with them.
- Coordinate with Maintenance on any guest reported or observed problems.
- Be willing to help out transport guests if needed in Hotel Shuttle Vehicle.
- Other Duties as assigned
- At least one (1) year of HOTEL front desk experience at a higher end brand of hotel.
- Type of Education: H.S. Diploma
- Level of Education: 12
- Speak English, Read English & Write English