HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as the Assistant General Manager of our Cambria Suites Hotel in Madison WI. We offer an uncomplicated hotel experience, with the promise of the highest level of customer service. This award winning hotel provides the things that matter--spacious one and two-bedroom suites, with separate living, work and sleep areas. We are conveniently located in the American Family business park on the eastside of Madison, WI.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as our Assistant General Manager. Our Team is committed to delivering quality and value to our guests.
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process to maintain high occupancy and high ADR.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Choice hotels experience preferred, but not required.
Assisting the Operational and Financial Management of the Property
• Ensures that all brand standards are being maintained in each area of the property.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all brand requirements.
• Oversees the operation of the all property departments.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
• Oversees all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures, end of period, and banking procedures.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Performs required annual Quality audit with GM.
Supporting the Management and Development of Departmental Teams
• Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists/teaches team managers scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals. Makes sure that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
• Sets clear performance expectations with the General Manager.
• Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
• Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Assists employees in understanding guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Ensures property hiring practices comply with I-9, and EEO requirements and strives for a culturally diverse work place.
• Performs other duties as assigned and needed.