A great opportunity to join HP Hotel Management, a growing national hotel development and management company currently ranked in the top 50 hotel management companies in the nation. HP Hotel Management is seeking a Banquet Server to join our team at the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
This hotel is located at the crossroads of I-20 and I-26 near Lake Murray and minutes from the South Carolina State House capitol building and downtown Columbia. A variety of popular Columbia attractions are near our hotel including the Governor’s Mansion, Congaree Vista, a choice of golf courses, theaters and the famous Riverbank Zoo.
Guests enjoy casual dining at Columbo’s to savor delicious steaks, fresh seafood and tempting desserts. With over 22,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, we are busy with meetings, conventions and elegant weddings.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as a Banquet Server for the DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia, SC.
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a Banquet Server.
The Banquet Server is responsible for the setup and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply at all times with service standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
• Perform preparatory tasks and side-work duties to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
• Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
• Served guests according to the hotel’s standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
• Respond to guest problems, complaints, and accidents. Communicate to management, if necessary.
• Set all tables according to hotel standards.
• Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions.
• Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and restocked properly.
• Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions.
• Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guests.
• Know and use “suggestive selling” techniques.
• Know the menu items for each function served and able to give accurate descriptions.
• Attend training as required by management.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager/Banquet Captain
As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
Business Mechanical Skills:
Physical Activities and Requirements:
Hot, Dirty at times - Hazardous materials - work alone and may be present with others