A great opportunity to join the HP Hotel Management family! HP Hotel Management is an award winning, national hotel development and management company.
Business mixes perfectly with pleasure at our Metairie hotel. Our convenient location between the New Orleans Airport and downtown New Orleans puts guests in the middle of the best things to do in New Orleans.
We provide an upscale design, comfortable accommodations and Cajun-American inspired dining. With our close proximity to the convention center, Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel is the ideal New Orleans meeting hotel.
HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company for the Sheraton Metairie - New Orleans Hotel as a Cook. Our Team is committed to increasing market share and delivering value to our guests.
- Sets up, stocks and organizes work station at the beginning of the day.
- Sets levels for production of food items.
- Thaws, cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, kitchen scissors or other kitchen equipment including, without limitations, slicer/mixer, skillets, steamers, and other tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO Method.
- Prepares broiled, baked, grilled, steamed, sautéed, blended, and fried items using recipes. Uses sauté pans, stock pots, grill, stove, ovens and fryers.
- Performs all duties in all areas of the kitchen.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food.
- Knows cooking times for all items to insure correct doneness.
- Organizes items for sautéing, blending, cooking in ovens, grilling, frying in fryers, pasta cookers and steamers to insure accuracy of items ordered.
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate.
- Cleans and sanitizes work station during the day and at the end of the day.
- Performs side duties including cleaning ovens, steamer, tilt skillets, slicers, mixer, hoods, filters and other line equipment, washing floors, organizing and cleaning storerooms, and food production duties.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.
- Type of Education: High School
- Level of Education: Grade 12
- Apprenticeship Program: None
- Level of Experience: 1 year min
- Speak English
- Read English
- Write English
Business Mechanical Skills
EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE COMPLETED APPLICABLE HEALTH DEPARTMENT CERTIFICATION
- Work Alone and With Others
- Hot and Cold
- Standing and walking 100% of the time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Dirty at times
- Hazardous materials may be present
- Care of Equipment: Frequent
- Safety of Others: Frequent
- Guest Contact: Frequent
- Confidential Data: Occasional
- Decision Making: Frequent
- Acts in Supervisory Capacity: Frequent