HP Hotels is offering a great opportunity to join a growing hotel development and management company as a Room Attendant for the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport located in Dania Beach, Florida.
At the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites you're sure to find that little something extra. With our modern amenities and thoughtful design, the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites will stand out among other hotels in Dania Beach,FL. For the business traveler, a spacious work desk and free internet access are included in all our guest rooms to ensure you don't miss a beat while you're away from the office. For extended stays, each room provides a convenient in-room mini fridge that is ideal for drinks and snacks. We also have an in-house fitness room, so you can keep up your workout routine while you're on the road. As always, the Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites will provide you with the superior customer service that you are used to at Best Western Hotels & Resorts
We are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as Room Attendants.
- Change all used linen daily.
- Vacuum carpets daily.
- Clean bathrooms thoroughly.
- Dust all furniture and fixtures including headboards, mirrors, picture frames, credenzas, televisions, tables, etc.
- Have complete understanding of the proper layout of the furniture and amenities in each room type. Ensure that furnishings and correct amenities are in their proper places after the room is cleaned.
- Be accountable for the guest’s belongings left in the room. Any found items must be turned in immediately to the Director of Housekeeping or Person in Charge.
- Be aware of any suspicious activities or persons. Report such activity immediately to your supervisor or the General Manager.
- Place keys left behind by guests in the key box on cart.
- Watch for message lights left on in Check-out rooms. Report to Front Desk.
- When working inside a guest room, pull your cart in front of the door to the room, making sure that it is not blocking the hallway. If someone tries to enter the room while you are working, ask to see their key. Report any problems to your supervisor or the General Manager.
- Follow all departmental rules and procedures in doing your job.
- Maintain assigned equipment. Empty vacuum bags, check belts, etc. Report any problems with your equipment to your supervisor or maintenance immediately.
- Be aware of and follow all safety rules and use caution in doing the job.
- Perform other duties as requested.
REPORTS TO: Director of Housekeeping
Employees must meet these minimum requirements:
- Educational Skills: none
- Job Experience: none
- Communication Skills:
- Speak some English
- Read some English
- Write some English
- Business Mechanical Skills: none
- License/Certification: none
- Physical Activities and Requirements
- Normal Work Position
- Standing and walking 100% of the time
- Minimum Weight Employee must be able to lift: 50 pounds
- Working Conditions:
- Dirty at times
- Work Alone and with Others
- Hazardous materials may be present
- Care of Equipment: Frequent
- Safety of Others: Occasional
- Guest Contact: Frequent
- Confidential Data: Occasional
- Decision Making: Occasional
- Acts in Supervisory Capacity: Never